Saturday 4 June 2011

My first scrapbook page

Well, I've gone and done it; my first scrapbook page! I've bought other people scrapbooks and I've got an 8x8inch one myself but I haven't done an official scrapbook page myself. That actually is a lie in reality as when I was younger I had a colourful A3 type size scrapbook but there wasn't anything crafty about it; it was literally just full of photos and memorabilia of my youth. Goodness only knows what happened to it. This scrap page has similiar things on it but I used Craft Artist to help get me started with a layout and I've personalised it and added the wrist band that you need to go on rides in Blackpool these days apparently. The awful Valhalla skull photo is one of Maggie's favourite rides apparently. Maggie loves fairground rides but I really don't, so it's a good job she's been able to go with the Youth for Christ group here. Most of her school mates went too, so there were loads of people around that she knew. She went on Thursday June 2nd 2011 which is pretty obvious when you look at the page.
Anyway, it is what it is- the flowers aren't suitable really as they don't match the subject but they're pretty. It's from the 'Spring in your step' digikit.
I've just found out about a Cricut lite cartridge called Carousel so I'm going to try to get that for cheaper than £45 as shown on ebay. The Cricut website shows them for $39.99 which is about £24 but I don't know how much postage will cost and then tax, so that's a work in progress really. It has allsorts of fairground rides on it so it'll be great for future pages or cards I make.
Here it is:
Take care out there

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are now a scrapbooker. I love your page and how you have done the layout. Carry on with it, I am sure you are just the same as the rest of us and have boxes of pictures and also hundreds on your PC. You will soon be filling an album....well done!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to comment! Have you tried anything like this? Do you want a few more snippets of information about this project to help you do something similiar? Has it inspired you or given you ideas to do it differently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...