Sunday 20 May 2012

The big four 0

Hello there

 I have a friend who probably wants to remain nameless, as her day of shame is upon us. She turns 40!!! I'm jealous though, as that was quite a few years ago for me.
I had to use the 6x6in Pink Paislee Spring Jubilee pad of course and from there the design came easily after seeing an album on their blog. That was for a wedding but I soon realised how to make it for Viki....oops! :-)

I do have to admit though that the butterfly (cut from Walk in my Garden cartridge) wasn't meant to face down like that. I cut it straight from the machine (not from CricutCraftroom) and did centre point but I had wanted it with the wings left and right; not top and bottom. I had also wanted it larger but I had forgotten what size I did my practise runs on, so it's my own fault for not writing things down. Not the end of the world though as I just had to re-arrange the layout from the numbers being inside the butterfly to them being placed underneath the butterfly.

I cut the numbers on the Cricut from grungeboard and white card too  (Plantin school book font) and glued the white numbers ontop of the grungeboard. See my previous post on how to do that. I then added glitter to make them 'pop'.




I definitely wanted to make more of an issue of the bunting, so I cut little triangles out from another sheet from the pad and used cherry red Baker's Twine to hang it across the top. I used a white Gellyroll pen to put faux stitching.

Before I mounted the main page onto the card blank with foam pads, I put some other paper from the pad under the butterfly space. I used the white pen for stitching marks inside the butterfly space, after mounting. You may notice that I also used the pen to write 'this person's name' onto the existing bunting on the paper.

I used my trimmer to create a scalloped edge on the card blank and then inked it with Stampin' Up's Regal Rose.

Inside the card I created more bunting so that I could put the 'Happy Birthday' message.

For the envelope I used the inner of the butterfly die-cut and glittered that too.


I hope that the card is enjoyed. I'm off out with her and some friends for dinner, so she'll soon tell me if she doesn't like it :-)

Here's another little 'movie' I've made of a few of the steps in making this. I really wish I could add music to this but I don't  have the right to play music I own in a public place which is sad:


Take care out there

1 comment:

Go on, you know you want to comment! Have you tried anything like this? Do you want a few more snippets of information about this project to help you do something similiar? Has it inspired you or given you ideas to do it differently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...