Thursday 3 May 2012

A new baby

Hello there

Not long ago you may remember I made my very first mini-album for a friend who was due her very first bay -check it out here. Well that expected baby is now a little girl called Nicole who was born on April 25th. I've made a card which I had great fun making because I covered it with pink lushusness :-) Weather is foul here with loads of rain, so the lightness and freshness of pink was just what I wanted. My sisters didn't understand at all, as I sent them a photo of the papers via Whatsapp and they just thought I'd lost it. Maybe I have but boy am I enjoying being 'lost' :-)

Once I knew the basic papers and bits and bobs I was going to use, then I had to decide on images. I looked through some Cricut mags for inspiration and found it. That card though had the most gorgeous baby shoes on it but I don't have that on any of those on my cartridges or anywhere else. More research found a gorgeous little bird house and bird on the Create a critter cartridge. So there, I had my ideas. I put a very basic sketch down on paper, using my papers as a guide too and the size of the doily.

Look how tiny the letters were that I cut out once on card and then once with patterned paper, as I wanted them thick enough to stand their own ground, so to speak.





Because of the size the card needed to be to fit the doily on, I decided not to make it a traditional card folded in half card. I had some very light pink ribbon left over from sewing class I went to last week and it was perfect for this card and plenty long enough luckily. I just love how that happens sometimes - small items I keep, actually end up being just right for a project which may have been spoilt without it.
Just remember, if you want to try this, please leave a gap between the two card pieces or you won't be able to open it and it won't stand up properly.

To colour the foam 'Serendipity' thickers I stamped the Regal Rose stamp onto the mat and then flicked some water at it and used the blender to paint it.

I cut two 7.5in square card blanks, I placed them together; wrong sides together and punched two holes in the left hand side and threaded the ribbon through and tied a pretty bow. I then added all the layers and came up with this:

That's not true really as I didn't have the heart shapes at first but I found a sheet of card which had previously had a pile of hearts cut out of it, so it formed a kind of stencil, so I used it as one and I'm so glad it did. Layers, darling; it's all in the layers!


Here's a little something different for you to look at :

Take care out there Nicole and live a long and happy life surrounded by your loving family

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to comment! Have you tried anything like this? Do you want a few more snippets of information about this project to help you do something similiar? Has it inspired you or given you ideas to do it differently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...