Wednesday 25 July 2012

What can I do with these?

Hello there

I'm going to craft as I blog with some scraps I've found on my desk. It's actually looking semi-tidy at the moment, other than an old pencil case of my daughter's, which is going to be pulled apart and made into a new one, soon, sometime in the near future. That's it; no other scraps of paper at all, other than my work schedule, which shouldn't really be on this desk at all.

umm, what to do with this lot?
I've just found a scrapbook layout as I was looking at Katrina Hunt's blog where she tells us about a Scrapbook Generation giveaway of a layout download. Unfortunately it's a double page L.O, so I'm sitting here trying to work out which photo/s to use along with these bits of paper and how to make them into a single page L.O or a card.

This has no relation to the S.G layout
but it's one of the ideas I've had.
After picking up a pack of handmade papers I found down the back of a drawer yesterday, I've now got this far:


I can't think which photo to use though. My daughter made me breakfast in bed this morning and I have a photo of her, so I'm mulling through my head if I could use that.

I've opened CraftArtist so that I can get an idea of
the size of photos I'll need to print off

I've got a list of words I think
 would be great on the page.
After drawing around the gold thin frame onto some of the darker blue paper and cutting it out, I placed that as a mat for the gold infill from the frame.
I inked round the edges of everything with my Adirondack gold dabber,
printed off the photos and matted them onto the same gold card as used elsewhere on the layout
and hey presto (after some writing too and some ribbon/baker's twine)


My layout is done and I'm so pleased with it and the fun I had creating it from nothing really. Superb fun!

When I printed the photos out, I found some scrap patterned paper and a flower left over from a die-cut. I can't wait to see what I manage with them.

Take care out there


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to comment! Have you tried anything like this? Do you want a few more snippets of information about this project to help you do something similiar? Has it inspired you or given you ideas to do it differently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...