Saturday 9 November 2013

Forever young

Hello there


I love the big floppy flowery hat on the envelope
Here's a card I made for a surprise 40th party for a friend who does a lot of work for our local community and is just a lovely lady. There was a 70's theme to the party, so a pair of flared stripey trousers was a must and some large flowers. The song 'forever young' came to my mind after seeing a card called 'Forever 40' when I was looking for inspiration. 

I've got the words of the song printed off and put inside the card.



I used the Forever young Cricut cartridge to get the woman's image from too and the flowers. The font for the words on the front of the card and the 'Happy Birthday' on the inside of the card, come from the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge. The paper was a lucky find in my stash from K&Co.




And before you ask, yes, that hat was worn at the party. It had to be done.

Take care out there - peace and love to you sisters!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Di, fab colours and papers and I love the theme. I'm sure your friend loved it too. That hat is amazing and I'm sure you wore it with style sweetie.
    Huge hugs x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea for your card, helped along by the 70's theme ;-D Course, I remember the 70's very fondly as that was 'my time' to get up to all things naughty hahahaha!!!! LOVE the hat xxx

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to comment! Have you tried anything like this? Do you want a few more snippets of information about this project to help you do something similiar? Has it inspired you or given you ideas to do it differently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...